It is really very simple for you to be able to claim your vanity URL for your Facebook Like Page.
You just have to follow some simple instructions and you could have it in a snap.
When you first start your Like Page, Facebook gives you a url that looks something like this…..
Once you have reached 25 “likes” you are able to claim your own unique Facebook URL.
The Vanity URL will now be www.facebook.com/YourChosenName
For example: http://www.facebook.com/savvywebwomen
According to Facebook Terms & Conditions
Usernames were created to make it easier for Facebook users to identify their profile and share with others. As a public figure, business or brand with a Page on Facebook, your username should be straightforward and easy to remember.
Facebook encourages you to consider the following when creating a username for Pages:
- Create a username that is as close as possible to your public figure or business name (e.g. ElvisPresley, BestBuy).
- If you own the rights to a given name, make it your username so that others cannot obtain it.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Choose a username you will be happy with for the long term. Usernames are not transferable.
- Your username must adhere to Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
There are a few things to consider before creating your username.
- Once created if can’t be changed
- Do you want to use your business name or the main keywords user are searching for ie: BestBuy vs Everything Electronic
- Facebook is indexed by search engines quicker than most website and therefore your fan page could appear in the search results quicker than your website
- Make sure you follow their terms & conditions to ensure that you can keep your username.
So now you have decided on your username, follow these steps to claim it.
Once logged into Facebook follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.facebook.com/username
- Select “Select a Username” for your page
- This brings up a drop down menu, select the page you want to create the username for.
- If your page has the needed 25 fans it will bring up a box .
- Enter your desired username and click on “check availablilty”
- If it’s available, you will be shown some final terms – if you are happy with your choice click “confirm” or select “cancel” to try another one.
Now you can send out your new Facebook URL – www.facebook.com/savvywebwomen
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE?
You can as long as you include the following (all links must be active):
Wendy Moore is the founder of www.savvywebwomen.com and creator of the Web Secrets Success Club – the step-by-step program that shows business owners and entrepreneurs how to better understand the internet to build a highly responsive, targeted list fo clients specific to their business niche. To receive your FREE Special Report and weekly how-to articles to expand your online List Building toolkit, visit www.savvywebwomen.com.