Post image for How to Request to Merge Your Duplicate Facebook Fan Pages

How to Request to Merge Your Duplicate Facebook Fan Pages

by Wendy Chamberlain on September 11, 2012

Already using Facebook? Follow Wendy Chamberlain for the latest about the platform’s new features, tips and tricks as well as social media updates.

how to add a pdf to your facebook fan page

As stated in my earlier post from July, you can now merge your duplicate Facebook fan pages.

Now you can merge your various fan pages on Facebook into the one place

As Facebook does, they’ve changed the process slightly, to make it a smidge easier.

I’ve updated below with the latest link and screen capture of what you’re likely to see.

If you’re still a little confused, please read this post in conjunction with my earlier one here.  That’s where I outline more fully how to merge a page where you’re an admin of a fan page.

How to Merge Your Facebook Fan pages

There are two options available if you want to merge Facebook pages.  I’ve outlined Option one in my earlier blog post here.

Option 2

You no longer need the urls of your Facebook fan pages that you want to merge together – so much simpler!  Facebook will give you a drop down list to choose from instead.

Remember also, you need to make sure that you copy any details that are on the pages you are going to merge into your primary page (posts, photos, videos, testimonials and everything from the page), as once the merge takes place, you will no longer have access to this information – Facebook will delete it.

When a fan page merge happens, you only keep your fans and check-ins.  Everything else on your old pages will be gone.

When merging fan pages, your fans will combine into the one page, but it does not necessarily mean that if you have 400 fans on each page, you will get a total of 800 fans when your pages are merged.  Some people on one page may also be fans of your other page.

The Facebook URL you need to start the merge process

The most important step to do here after you’ve copied everything from the page you’re going to give up is to send a request to Facebook.

Facebook appears to have simplied this process from earlier this year.

Go to this link to start the process:   https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=238908726149664

**IMPORTANT NOTE – Please Read**
I’m logged into Facebook when I click this link. In order for the above link to work for you, you must click the link whilst you are logged into the account that is the admin of the page that you wish to keep (IE the page you are MERGING INTO).

Therefore, you must have a personal Facebook account. If you only have a business account that managed pages, this will not work. Facebook is only going to allow actual human people (not pages) to do the merge. Please take note of this. You must have a personal Facebook account and be logged into that first before you click the above link.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

Whilst this link (https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=238908726149664) does work for some (I just tried it on 16 February 2013 and it works for me), it does not seem to work for most. If you click the link and it does not load a page that looks like the screen shot below, you will need to contact Facebook directly. Unfortunately, there is nothing else that you’ll be able to do.

how to merge your dublicate facebook fan pages

Click to Enlarge Image

Fill out the destination page from the drop down menu.  If you can’t see your page here, you can’t merge it.  You need to choose from the list provided by Facebook.

For the pages you want to merge, Facebook tells you:

“Enter the web addresses (URLs) of up to 5 Pages you’d like to merge with your authentic Page. You can only merge Pages that you already manage.

After we verify your request, likes and check-ins will be combined on the destination Page. All other content on the Pages you’re merging will be permanently deleted.”

You can choose up to five pages at a time to merge into your primary page.  Choose the pages to merge from the drop down menu then click the Send button.

Your request can take several hours up to two days to complete.

Good luck!  Let me know how you go.

Leave your comments, frustrations and triumphs in the comments below.

Enjoyed this post?

Consider using the social sharing button below to share this post on your favourite social networking sites.

wendy-moore-net-signature

By Wendy Chamberlain
Copyright 2012 Savvy Web Women Pty Ltd

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE?

You can as long as you include the following (links must be active):

Wendy Chamberlain is the founder of www.savvywebwomen.com and creator of the Savvy Online Engagement Blog – the information packed resource that shows business owners and entrepreneurs how to use online strategies to connect with key stakeholders, influence decision makers and be seen as a thought leader, all via the use of social media. To receive your FREE Special Report and how-to articles to expand your Online Engagement toolkit, visit www.wendymoore.net.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Isabella February 7, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Ooops … sorry it should say “the *first* fan page (with less likes) has the correct name I want to keep”.

Wendy Chamberlain February 7, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Hi Isabella,

The destination page (the one you want to keep) does not need to have more fans than the merged pages (the ones you are merging into the destination page). You just tell Facebook which pages should be merged and click the button.

You should receive a message on screen when you first hit the button to say that the process has begun. You’ll then receive an email from Facebook as to whether the merge is allowed (you get this one right away) or is completed. I’ve seen the second email take up to 8 days or so.

If you’ve still not heard from Facebook after that time, I’d contact them directly.

DIana Levin February 9, 2013 at 11:25 am

Hi Wendy,
I have used the form and have not heard from facebook in almost a month. How long does it usually take for them to process my request?
I appreciate your help
thanks
Diana
DIana Levin recently posted..The Wicked Witch of the West: The beginning of Wizard of Oz Art Series

Wendy Chamberlain February 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Hi Diana,

Generally, around 8 days for Facebook to action the request, but I have seen it done quicker than this.

You should have received a pop up window immediately to say that they were starting the process. If you didn’t see this or got an email straight away denying the request, you have to follow Facebook up directly.

After a month, I’d say it has not been captured by Facebook and you’d need to follow them up.

DIana Levin February 9, 2013 at 5:42 pm

thanks Wendy. I don’t remember seeing a pop up so I’m guessing It just didn’t get through to them for some reason. But I did do it again and this time I did see a pop up so hopefully it will get handled.
thank yo for answering my question.
🙂
D

Wendy Chamberlain February 9, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Fantastic. You’re welcome Diana 🙂

visitor February 14, 2013 at 7:50 pm

link = https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=238908726149664

not working please update it soon .. i m waiting …

Wendy Chamberlain February 14, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Hi there,
Sorry, but that link IS working. I just tried it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work for everyone.

If you can’t see it or it doesn’t work, you’ll have to contact Facebook directly.

Georgia February 16, 2013 at 12:33 am

Hi Wendy.
I’ve merged over 3 pages and now I can’t merge pages anymore. When I try to merge another page, Facebook ‘tell’ me that; “An error has occurred while merging pages. This may be caused by your attempt to merge too many pages.” . What should I do to can merge pages again?
Please help me.

Wendy Chamberlain February 16, 2013 at 9:41 am

Hi Georgia,

You’ll need to get in touch with Facebook directly.

Joeri February 19, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Hi Wendy,

Where can I contact someone directly?
Do you have an adress of the specific department?

Joeri

Wendy Chamberlain February 20, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Hi Joeri,

Mari Smith has a list of ways to contact Facebook here:

pankaj February 20, 2013 at 5:20 pm

thanks wendy for reply … but this link not working please could you give me new link or give me contact url with contact format … please help me i want to urgently merge my two facebook pages

Wendy Chamberlain February 20, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Hi Pankaj,

I’m sorry, but I do not know what link you are referring to. The link above for the list of Facebook contacts from Mari Smith works for me. If that link does not work for you, just google Mari Smith List of Contact forms and it should come up for you.

pankaj February 21, 2013 at 9:06 pm

sorry wendy for not posting link …
i was asking about my previous comment which name of ” visitor”.
the link of facebook page merge as per you given above are working fine. i tested it with uk ip. it was not working on my indian ip address but now my problem has solved. i used uk server for this process and done … my two pages merge successfully thanks wendy for your nice post it help me alot. thank you thank you thank you ….very much !!!! and thanks for reply and good response .

love you ..
pankaj

Wendy Chamberlain February 22, 2013 at 8:12 am

You’re welcome Pankaj 🙂

Anna February 27, 2013 at 7:12 am

Hi, I’m trying to merge two of the pages I manage, but when I hit “Send” it comes up with an error message saying “You do not administrate this page.
You are currently not an admin of the Page you wish to merge. You cannot merge Pages with a Page that you do not admin.”

But I AM an admin (Manager) of both pages. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

Wendy Chamberlain February 27, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Hi Anna,

The only thing I can think of (other than contacting Facebook) is to try to claim the page, to show that you own it.

Mario March 2, 2013 at 3:31 am

Wendy Still Working?

Wendy Chamberlain March 2, 2013 at 9:38 am

Hi Mario,

Yes, I just tried it. The link works.

pankaj March 2, 2013 at 7:02 pm

@Mario – if link not work then use any UK proxy to use this link …

Mario March 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Pankaj br0 add me please wwww.fb.com/mein.or.meri.tanhai please bro i dont know how to use uk proxy

pankaj March 7, 2013 at 11:10 pm

send me req. on pankajrock25@rediffmail.com

Mario March 8, 2013 at 9:51 am

Pankaj br0 what is thiS? add me on facebook mariokhan2013@yahoo.es o in skype marokhan45

Mustafa March 9, 2013 at 3:56 am

I’m, from Morocco !!
still not working 🙁 help help

Mario March 15, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Wendy, Pankaj Help Me Please 🙁

Anchal May 19, 2013 at 1:21 am

Hi i am anchal from India. i have merged 5 pages into one page, and that page now has an error. i am unable to merge it any more. Please let me know, how to merge more pages into it.
Then, I have claimed it, but didnt get any response from fb. pls help. My fb URL is http://www.facebook.com/anchal.sethi.549

Love
Anchal

Anchal May 20, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Hey Wendy, Please answer dear. 🙂

Waiting for your response

🙂

Wendy Chamberlain May 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Hi Anchal,

Your best option is to contact Facebook directly. You should have received an email from them relating to the merging of your pages. Reply to this email and start a conversation with that Facebook staffer.

Good luck.

Anchal May 24, 2013 at 7:31 am

Thanks Wendy
Its almost a week that fb didnt replied to me. Still waiting for their email. Can you provide me its official email at where i can inform them.

I thought you are also a fb staffer. 😛

Pls help Wendy
Love you <3
muuaaahhhhh

Wendy Chamberlain May 24, 2013 at 9:07 am

Hi Anchal,

Facebook can take between 8 days and 2-3 weeks to reply.

I have no affiliation with Facebook. You can find a list of how to contact Facebook here: http://www.marismith.com/how-contact-facebook-directory-of-forms/

trinhaiquoc June 8, 2013 at 2:19 am

Hi Wendy.plesae help me !
I want to change my FB profile to Fanpage , but i can’t with error “An error has occurred while merging pages. This may be caused by your attempt to merge too many pages” (but i never merge any fanpage with this account) with this error, it makes new fanpage and then my FB’s profile not change to fanpage.
Please help me . THANKS !!!

Wendy Chamberlain June 8, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Hi there,

You’ll need to contact Facebook directly. Here is a list of ways to contact Facebook: http://www.marismith.com/how-contact-facebook-directory-of-forms/

trinhaiquoc June 9, 2013 at 3:41 am

OK Wendy, Thank you so much !!! :X

trinhaiquoc June 13, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Hi Wendy, i was reported an issue many times in this link https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/143318592452565, but nothings happen , i still can’t change my profile to fanpage .
How do i ???
Please help me. Thanks !

Wendy Chamberlain June 14, 2013 at 10:23 am

Hi Trin,
I don’t work for Facebook so unfortunately, there is nothing furher I can do for you. You WILL need to persevere with Facebook directly.

All the best,

Monique August 4, 2014 at 2:46 am

Hello,
When I attempted to merge (2) pages into my new page, I was asked which page I wanted to keep and which ones I wanted to merge into that page. I hit the “send” button and there was a box that did pop up and say something about me getting an email from Facebook (it went away too fast for me to read all of it). That being said…I have not received an email from them. It has only been a few days but I was curious how soon will I receive any type of confirmation, if any, on whether this worked? I do not want to re-do the process in fear that I could loose everything. In the meantime, I am trying to direct old and new “likes” to the new page.
Monique

Wendy Chamberlain August 4, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Hi Monique,

Usually it takes about 8-10 days for Facebook to action your request. If you have not seen anything after about two weeks, you’ll need to redo the process again.